Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mom's 60th St. Patrick's Day Birthday!

My mom was born on this special day, and she is by far the luckiest person I know! We took her out for an afternoon movie to see "The Great and Powerful Oz." We ordered food in, had cake, and shamrock shakes! She said "60" isn't so bad after all. Here are pictures of the place settings/ table decor-all for Mom which I bought for her! This dish set is so cute and looks great with gold and green linens. I found gold napkin rings, which I wrapped with ribbons, bottle cap scrapbook embellishments, and St. Patrick's Day stickers. Of course the Birthday Girl gets a special place setting, with dinner gift box to open. Then onto the cake. I am not an expert at cakes, but am slowly teaching myself. I used two boxes of white cake and 1 box of yellow cake to make 6 cakes, each layer colored. Baked the cakes, stacked them in rainbow order (I combined the Indigo and purple to only have 6 layers-easier for me :) I dirty-iced the layers with homeade buttercream frosting. Next, I covered the cake in green fondant. I then used the leftover fondant pieces to cut out shamrock shapes, and used the remainder of the buttercream frosting to add other details to the cake. It was very delicious! Of course, the inside when cut is the real surprise! How pretty! Hope you had an enjoyable St. Patrick's Day 2013, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment